You might not know it, but building healthy relationships with your co-workers is an important part of having a successful career. co-workers spend ample amounts of time together, and sometimes develop personal relationships on top of their professional ones. This can be good for businesses because it can help companies create higher performance in the workplace.
According to Cecilia Harry. “We rely on others to contribute support, expertise, and other resources to best meet the needs of a client, fulfill the mission of the agency, or create a profit”.
- Be honest and Communicate issues concerning work.
- Be appreciable when a co-work assist you Carry out your duty loads.
- Be kind and do good, get a cup of coffee for a colleague when having a quick break.
- Call to check on her when she is absent from work.
- Don’t communicate matters on your private life. Like my husband drinks too much alcohol, my wife does not give me enough sex….. no, don’t. It’s your private life which should not be discussed with a co-worker. When there is a conflict between you, your private life now becomes public.
- Picking calls from his/her personal cell phone for a co-worker in her absence.
- Your sex life, don’t share with them.
- Don’t go out to have fun with co-workers, if it will be done then on lunch basis when it break.
Hope this piece would be an advice to you. Comments, suggestions are welcomed.